Brunello di Montalcino day tour
Small group day tour to Montalcino, home of the Brunello wine. From Florence and Siena.
Brunello di Montalcino is arguably one of the most esteemed wines in all of Italy. Aged for at least five years and made entirely of the Sangiovese grape, this elegant red wine is enjoyed most by those who appreciate reds with bold flavors and rich aromas.
Your tour will begin with a drive through the picturesque hills of Tuscany to the small region of Montalcino just south of Siena. Here, you will visit two of our favorite wineries and have the opportunity to meet the proprietor and explore the cellars while provides you with a comprehensive look at the wines and the winemaking process. In addition, our knowledgeable guides will give you a history of the region and pointers on how to best taste the wines during the tasting.
Price 220 eur
Wine tour briefly
220 per person
Tuesday and Saturday, from April until Novemberfrom 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.English
including lunch and more
Montalcinodeparture from Florence
departure from Siena
Availability and Price
Space is limited, so we suggest booking in advance. Minimum of 2 participants are needed in order for the tour to be run.
Tuesday and Saturday, from April until November
schedule, detail and photo Brunello di Montalcino day tour wine tour
Price 220 Eur per person. INCLUSIONS
- 9.00 a.m. Departure from piazza Cavalleggeri Florence .
- 11.00 a.m. Arrival at Montalcino wine territory to visit the first winery and taste the wines
- 01.00 p.m. Lunch at a local trattoria, or at the winery.
- 02.30 p.m. Stop at Montalcino for a free sightseeing.
- 03.00 p.m. Visit the second winery for a tour and wine tasting.
- Return to Florence by approx. 5/6 p.m.
- Shared transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned minivan
- Professional English speaking guide
- Visit to 2 wineries in the Brunello di Montalcino wine region
- Multi-course freshly made Tuscan meal with wine at the second winery
- Walking in the vineyard
- Maximum of 12 people per guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips and gratuities
Meeting Point in Florence at Piazza Cavalleggeri, next to the Biblioteca Nazionale "National Library". (pick-up in Siena on request).
map Brunello di Montalcino day tour
Small-group wine tour of 2 Chianti estates housed in a Medieval castle and a Renaissance villa.
from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, from March until December
Visit 2 Montepulciano cellars and enjoy lunch with locally sourced ingredients and pecorino cheese.
from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
and ednesday, from May until October
Visit 3 wine estates to sample their Chianti Classico and Super-Tuscan wines and olive oil.
from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, From February until December