Castle and Chianti Wine Tour
Discover the beauty of Chianti Rufina - wine tasting in a medieval castle - lunch - wine tasting class
Becoming passionate about Chianti is not the least bit difficult once you visit the area. It's one of the most timeless and unspoiled places in Italy. Hilly landscape of vines, olive groves, stately cypress trees, wooded areas, old farmhouses, and lordly castles.
This tour takes you through the Chianti Rufina, one of the smallest sub-wine zones of Chianti which is famous for the longevity of its wines. Here Sangiovese finds all the mineral components to produce wines of great body and elegance.
The tour will take you to discover the Castello del Trebbio which became known for the Pazzi Conspiracy against Lorenzo the Magnificent. Today the castle is the seat of one of the most prestigious wineries in the area. In the afternoon we will visit a renaissance villa, home of the Gondi Noble family who was bankers in Florence at the time of the Medici.
Price from 170 eur
Wine tour briefly
170 per person
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, from March until Decemberfrom 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.English
including lunch and more
departure from Florence
Availability and Price
Space is limited, so we suggest booking in advance. Minimum of 2 participants are needed in order for the tour to be run.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, from March until December
schedule, detail and photo Castle and Chianti Wine Tour wine tour
Price 170 Eur per person. INCLUSIONS
- 09.30 a.m. Departure from Florence.
- 10.30 a.m. Arrival at the first winery where you will be introduced to wine with a simple wine tasting lesson.
- 01.00 p.m. Lunch of a typical Tuscan menu at traditional trattoria.
- 02.00 p.m. Departure to next winery through Tuscan hills and vineyards. 02.30 p.m.
- 02.30 p.m. Arrival at second winery with tour and wine tasting. 04.45 p.m.
- 04.30 p.m. Return to Florence by approx. 5 p.m.
- Shared transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned minivan
- Professional English speaking guide
- Visit to 2 wineries in the Chianti Rufina region
- Multi-course freshly made Tuscan meal with wine at the restuarant
- Wine tasting lesson to approach wine
- Guided visit through the winery, and the vines
- Taste Chianti Rufina Riserva, Pinot Grigio and & different Super Tuscans
- Extra virgin olive oil tasting
- Maximum of 8 people per guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips and gratuities
Meeting Point in Florence at Piazza Cavalleggeri, in front of the Biblioteca Nazionale "National Library".
map Castle and Chianti Wine Tour
Red and White wines in a full-day wine tour from Florence
From 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday and Friday, from March until November
Chianti Classico, visit three wineries - lunch at the winery - wine tasting class.
from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, From February until December
Experience a true truffle hunting in the Tuscan forest and join a wine tasting.
from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, All year round