Truffle Hunting & Wine Tasting
Experience a true truffle hunting in the Tuscan forest and join a wine tasting.
Wine Tour Description
Tuscany is known not only for good red wines but also for truffles. At San Miniato grows the 80% of the total production of the white precious truffle. This tour will give you the chance to hunt this special natural and precious product with a professional truffle hunter along whit his hound dog. If you will be lucky you can find them and after an amazing walking in the wood, you sample some delicious truffle appetizers.
Chianti Region wines
Later we will move in a typical winery in Chianti region to taste this famous red wine.
Book in advance!
Space is limited, so we suggest booking in advance. Minimum of 2 participants is needed in order for the tour to be run.
Price from 180 eur
Wine tour briefly
180 per person
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, All year roundfrom 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.English
including lunch and more
departure from Florence
Availability and Price
Space is limited, so we suggest booking in advance. Minimum of 2 participants are needed in order for the tour to be run.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, All year round
schedule, detail and photo Truffle Hunting & Wine Tasting wine tour
Price 180 Eur per person. INCLUSIONS
- 10.00 a.m. Departure from Florence.
- 11.00 a.m. Arrival at San Miniato. Truffle hunting with dog through woods.
- 12.30 p.m. Lunch with truffle based appetizer and first course with truffles such as “tagliolini” or “gnocchi”.
- 02.00 p.m. Stop at San Miniato for a free sightseeing and shopping.
- 2.30 p.m. Wine tasting at the winery in Chianti (Chianti DOCG and Super Tuscan IGT)
- 04.30 p.m. Return to Florence by approx. 5 p.m.
- Shared transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned minivan
- Professional English speaking guide
- Multi-course traditional menu with fresh truffles and wine
- Truffle hunting in woods with Lagotto dog and professional truffle hunter
- Entrance fee to the winery
- Wine tasting (Chianti Classico, Chianti Classico Riserva, Super Tuscan)
- Extra virgin olive oil tasting
- On request stop at San Miniato to buy truffle products
- Maximum of 8 people per guide
- Truffles found during hunting
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips and gratuities
Meeting Point in Florence at Piazza Cavalleggeri, next to the Biblioteca Nazionale "National Library".
map Truffle Hunting & Wine Tasting
Red and White wines in a full-day wine tour from Florence
From 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday and Friday, from March until November
Discover the beauty of Chianti Rufina - wine tasting in a medieval castle - lunch - wine tasting class
from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, from March until December
Chianti Classico, visit three wineries - lunch at the winery - wine tasting class.
from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, From February until December